Saturday, February 12, 2011

What do you run for?


“Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.  Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training.  They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get the crown that will last forever.  Therefore do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.  No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.”

1 Corinthians 9:24-27

 I think about this passage a lot.  I think it applies to a lot of things that we as humans go through. 

In this passage Paul is telling us to prepare.  We all prepare for tests, work, different games, etc. but do we fully prepare ourselves for God and all the wonderful things God has in store for us? 

We all often times walk around aimlessly. 

However we all seem to be in a hurry.

But for what?

Do we truly prepare ourselves for the things we are going to come into contact with?

Can we ever truly be prepared?

Am I ever going to be prepared to see what I am going to see when I go on mission trips? 

Probably not, but I am prepared to have my life changed and to maybe change some one else's life.  

I used run to prove to my best friends that I could finish 26.2 miles. 

I now run to prepare myself.  I run for that crown that will last forever.  I run for change.

What do you run for?

Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment