Thursday, February 17, 2011

Answered Prayers


“And pray in the spirit on all occasions with all kinds of requests with this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.”

Ephesians 6:18

Throughout the bible you hear of people like Hannah who prayed and fasted until the Lord answered their prayers, for Hannah it was a son!   

There are so many times throughout the day that I forget to just stop and pray for whatever it is that I am worried about because God can take that weight.

But not only to just pray but to pray faithfully, knowing that God is going to answer my prayers, it may not be the way that I want them answered but they will be answered.

I found myself going on these long runs and just jamming to my music and not even thinking about why I kept running in the first place.

I kept running because I was no longer doing it for myself but for people in need.

So why would I not be praying for these people and nations as I run?

It took me a while to figure this out and once I had figured it out I was just so upset with myself that I had to take several days off from running to really sort things out. 

But I think a lot of the time we forget how powerful prayer really can be and that we shouldn’t just be praying for ourselves and our loved ones, but for the people who don’t have loved ones that pray for them everyday. 

We NEED to pray for all the Lord’s people because all the Lord’s people NEED our prayers.

Love,
Katie

1 comment:

  1. amen. pray for God's loved ones and you're praying for everyone.

    ReplyDelete