Sunday, February 13, 2011

Headlamps and Railroads

“When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

John 8:12
           
Light is an essential.  God made it.  He is the light.

I like running at night, however it rarely happens.  Considering I am a girl, living on a college campus, with a protective dad, a roommate who threatens to call him if I do go running at night, and no light.

Pros to running at night:
The run is significantly prettier.
My dad is somewhat really against it

Cons to running at night:
I scare myself

When running at night you have to have a headlamp if you aren’t going to be running on the street.  I ran on the railroad tracks, so I needed that headlamp. 

Just like that headlamp last night lit my path on the railroad tracks and stopped me and my friend I went with from breaking our ankles, God is that for literally every aspect of our lives. 

Just like the railroad tracks were the path that I followed, God wants to be the path that I follow along.

Jesus doesn’t just want to be our headlamp he IS our headlamp!

Jesus doesn’t just want to be our railroad tracks he IS our railroad track!

Love,
Katie

1 comment: