Tuesday, May 17, 2011

God's Bigness


“For what gives you the right to make such a judgment? What do you have that God hasn’t given you?  And if everything you have is from God, why do you boast as though it were not a gift?”
1 Corinthians 4:7

In my opinion Paul asks a very reasonable question.  What do I have that is actually mine?

Nothing, Paul, nothing.

God has blessed me with every single thing I have in my room, in my car, in my house, in my heart!  Everything I have, I have received. 

At the end of Matthew 10:8 Jesus says “Freely you have received, Freely give.”

Those two verses put me in my place.  What are we doing that God could not do on His own?  Seriously think about it…

God created every type of tree we have, and each one has a different purpose. 

God created the Universe and Heaven.

God created me in His image (That one just makes me smile and so giggly).  God created you in His image.  Ponder that one.  Awesome, right?

God blessed me with everything I have.  He blessed me with the ability to run.  He blessed me with my car.  He blessed me with the parents who can send me to college.  I didn’t just come up with all of that or the money to pay for all of it on my own (nor did my parents), that is for sure. 

God gave me everything I have.  God gave you everything you have. 

Freely you have received, freely give.

Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment