Saturday, October 29, 2011

Gifts


“For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands.  For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline.”

2 Timothy 1:6,7

Paul tells us to fan into flame the gift of God, to turn on our gifts that God has so blessed us with. 

God has blessed me with the ability to run. I’m not saying that that is the gift he has so wonderfully blessed me with; I am still working on figuring that one out. But he has given me the ability to run. Maybe not gracefully or well but the ability to run nevertheless

On January 8, 2012 I am running the Disney World Marathon to grant a wish with the Make-A-Wish Foundation. There is a child who has the wish to go to Disney World and with your help I'll be able to grant that wish.

For a while I have been too scared to do this since I didn’t complete it last year and have just been worried that I won't be able to do this one. However, after having read these verses I know that I can do the marathon. Although I know that I am scared of not being able to complete the marathon, I also know that God has given me the power, love for running, and the self-discipline to actually go out and do it. 

So I am asking for your support.  I am asking for you to pray about how God wants you to support me, whether in your prayers or with your pledge. 

If you feel like God is calling you to pledge, pray about how much you should pledge whether it’s a dollar per mile or a cent per mile. Whatever it is, please email me at runningtothewell@yahoo.com.

You can also go to the Make-A-Wish site and read more about it.

Love,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment